These Sugar Substitutes Are Vital For Sweet Sugar Free Treats!
You probably want to know exactly how I get my sugar free recipes so sweet! I use sugar substitutes to keep all my recipes tasting as great as possible.
Of course, not every type of sugar free sweetener will be safe for you (depending on if you have certain allergies). For example, your body may not be able to handle xylitol if you are allergic to corn (because some forms of xylitol come from corn).
You didn’t know that did you? That’s why I’m here; to keep you safe and get you eating great tasting recipes as quickly as possible.
So let’s delve into these Substitutes why don’t we?
Sugar Free Sweeteners That I Have Discovered In My Travels
- The first and most important Sugar Free Sweetener that I have found is agave nectar.This incredible syrup is safe for Diabetics, and is a low Glycemic (It’s good for you!) while still being sweeter than sugar.
- The stevia plant is an herbal sweetener. It can be up to 300 times sweeter than sugar and is safe to eat for almost anyone. It is even said that it can help to reverse Type 2 Diabetes, given the proper dosage.
- Erythritol is a sugar alcohol, with a consistency similar to refined granular sugar. It is safer to eat than most other sugar alcohols such as xylitol, sorbitol, and lactitol (which comes from milk) because it can be absorbed by the body, and will not cause diarrhea or cramping.
- Nature’s Hollow sugar free maple syrup is a good substitute for Maple Syrup. Although it is not as good for you as Agave Nectar, I still recommend it for those of you trying to keep a sugar free diet (and it’s safe for diabetics as well!)
- I do not recommend Splenda as a Sugar Free Sweetener. If you want to know why, take a look at my dangers of Splenda article.
- I would also advise you to stay away from Da Vinci sugar free syrup because it contains dangerous ingredients such as Sodium Benzoate and Splenda.
- Check out my review of the Madhava agave nectar brand to see if it is your family’s choice for Agave nectar.
- And if you are a big fan of breakfast, then don’t miss my recommendation on a sugar free pancake syrup.
- My review of the top 3 sugar free honey substitutes will help you choose the best alternative to honey available.
- Find out why raw agave nectar is better for you than that all-natural honey in your cupboard.